Game crash at startup

Hello I'm fairly new to PC gaming an I'm highly enthusiastic about this mod! Anyway I downloaded the zip into the mod directory and followed the instructions to the best of my ability. When I start up the SotP logo shows up for 10 seconds then I receive a

Failed to convert " to an enum value

Error. I'm 80 percent sure is has to do with me not putting the actuall file inside the parent file where it's supposed to be. Anyway I apologize for ignorance. Can someone please give a analy bleeding detailed list of instructions of where and how I'm supposed to install the game/ actual file of the mod.

Sounds like you are running the developer exe by accident. Go to your "...\Documents\My Games\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion" folder, delete the folder named "Settings" and then launch Sins of a Solar Empire via Steam.

@infinite craft Find the specific folder where mods for your game are installed. This location can vary depending on the game. Consult the mod's documentation or online resources for the exact directory path. Common locations include "Documents<Game Name>\Mods" or "Steam<Steam Library Location>\steamapps\common<Game Name>\Mods".

Hello, the path for mods is usually there :

My Documents/My Games/Ironclad Games/Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion/Mods-Rebellion v1.85/

PS: i just created an account here, but i got privilege error when trying to post even so my account is verified, does somebody know why ? I tried on 2 different browsers

last edited by RobertTheRobot