Game crashes

Game crashes after switching from Sins of a Galactic Empire to Sins of the Prophets and loading 'will of the gods cov'. my game gives me a crash report saying that i should check if LAA is enabled, which it is. Game crashes at any scene

edited the title to not be so obnoxiusly long. -sloose

last edited by sloosecannon

If you're using the ingame mod tool, that's the problem, as mentioned in SoGE's installation instructions, you must edit the EnabledMods.txt file in your mods folder to enable or disable SoGE. As such, did you try rebooting Sins after the crash? As if you did not, then the issue was likely that SotP was not properly loaded in, which caused the crash.

last edited by Lavo

Well I have not edited the EnabledMods.txt and SoGE still worked, so I thought that if i downloaded SotP again just in case and undergo the installation steps again it would work. The game starts in the correct manner but loading a scene let's the game crash when finished.

I've just made a troubleshooting tool to find common issues - try this and see if it detects any errors.

No error's were found and the troubleshoot said that i installed sotP properly and LAA was configured in the right manner

@cappye2000 said in Game crashes:

No error's were found and the troubleshoot said that i installed sotP properly and LAA was configured in the right manner

What are your PC's specs? If the troubleshooter didn't find any issues, I'd check to make sure you don't have something wrong with your Sins installation too or something. That's very odd.

I7 4790K, AMD R9 390, MSI B85-G43 Motherboard, CORSAIR VENGEANCE 16 GB ram&Cooler Master 700W bronze power supply. I have literally no idea what to do. btw love the quick response time

I7 4790K, AMD R9 390, MSI B85-G43 Motherboard, CORSAIR VENGEANCE 16 GB ram&Cooler Master 700W bronze power supply. I have literally no idea what to do. btw love the quick response time

Hmm.

Have you tried verifying your Sins installation via Steam?

well i've checked my integrety and found one missing file but that didn't make any difference. I guess I'll just completely remove my game and reinstall it. edit The reinstall didn't work :(

last edited by A Former User

Well I guess I've found out what the problem was. In SoaGE you have the option of "capital ship victory", which i had enabled , and still was because i could see that I started with a CAS-Class cruiser while that option in SotP is not available

Well I guess I've found out what the problem was. In SoaGE you have the option of "capital ship victory", which i had enabled , and still was because i could see that I started with a CAS-Class cruiser while that option in SotP is not available

Ooooh.

Huh.

That's good to know actually.