@wayneplaysgamez said in Income strategies:
Morning everybody, I have been playing SOTP on and off for a little while. The #1 thing I always have trouble with is income.
When it comes to resources, I am usually on-par or slightly below AI, but with credits I am usually significantly behind. What am I doing wrong? Being at a disadvantage with income means that I can usually break even in early engagements but I slowly get chipped away at because I can't produce as fast as AI.
I am looking for tips and strategy that you all use for increasing income. ie focusing research or certain logistics structures early on.
Here is a short 5 step guide to UNSC economics.
- Increase population on every new planet you colonize. No exceptions.
Note: if planet is in jeopardy, it would be reasonable to cease all upgrades immediately, until the situation stabilize.
- Fortify only critically important "choke points" worlds. Usually they have only 1 way in (for the enemy) and several ways out (for you). This will allow you to smooth defense spending and concentrate on fleet or economical needs.
- Research civic ECONOMICAL branch first. You're interested in trading and gas/metal mining researches.
- Build at least 1 trade station for every world. If possible, build orbital refinery too.
Note: "choke point worlds" or "fortress worlds" may sacrifice their economical buildings for sake of more shipyards. So, shipyards for military hubs and research/economical structures for all others.
- DO NOT OVEREXPAND YOUR FLEET CAPACITY. Buy new fleet cap upgrade ONLY when you have resources to maintain it.
P.S. Quick expansion is vital for winning resource-wealthy strategy. However, this will leave your fleet completely vulnerable to Covenant's harrasment, so you better know when and where to stop and begin fortifications. While you do that, don't forget to follow guide's steps.
Final tought: SotP is known for it's unforgiving gameplay.