Halo: Fleet Battles

Howdy there! Does anyone else own a copy of Halo: Fleet Battles? I snagged one in a Christmas sale, and they're cool little models. Im no good as a painter, so the few I have assembled aint painted, but theyre still really cool looking. I played a test game with a buddy of mine, just a CSS and a destroyer vs my Marathon and two squadrons of frigates, and it plays surprisingly well. Anyone got pictures or stories to share?

I own it, pre-ordered.

Got it, opened it,
Admired the models
Closed it.

Never touched it again.

I didn't want to paint them and didn't want to play with them unpainted.

I got the first release of it as well as the Punic expansion. Played a few times with my friend who also had it. I love the game, but since he stopped playing, I have no one else to play with. It's not very popular here in the States because Spartan games isn't either.

@KhevaKins said in Halo: Fleet Battles:

I didn't want to paint them and didn't want to play with them unpainted.

Aint that the story of my life, hah!

@Diezel23
Yeah, I know! Spartan Games has some pretty high quality models (Halo: Ground Command especially). I do wish they were more popular. Have you tried any games shops? Its where I first looked for people to play. No success yet, unfortunately.

I never really bothered to get it just because it was so expensive.

@Delernil Yeah I was doing it at my local game store, I even bought my later models there. No one else plays it at the store. What a shame.

@The-Judge Yeah, that really is the worst part. Only made worse by the fact Spartan Games isn't popular in the US :(

@Diezel23 Aww, that sucks. If we can ever find a way to set one up online, that'd be cool with me.

@Delernil said in Halo: Fleet Battles:

@The-Judge Yeah, that really is the worst part. Only made worse by the fact Spartan Games isn't popular in the US :(

@Diezel23 Aww, that sucks. If we can ever find a way to set one up online, that'd be cool with me.

Technically there is one if you bought it and have a rulebook: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752035611&searchtext=fleet

Shout out to Kurt, one of our testers for working on that.

@Sookendestroy1 Holy crap, thanks! Now I can rope my steam friends into playing Fleet Battles! Perhaps we should set up a game with members of the forums.

That would be awesome, just remember it is recommended that you purchase HFB in some regards, that's the whole reason the rule book is not included in that mod.

As purchasing from SG not only supports them but also 343 and all the people who work so hard there to bring us those fleet sets/games. Also shows people are interested in the space side of Halo.

I'd buy one of the ships individually, but not very keen on getting something that is >$100 and will just sit on my shelf.

@The-Judge
Thats fair enough. The models themselves are really detailed, even the tiny frigates. Again, I really just wish it was more popular, argh!

If only there were people in the Philadelphia area that played it as actively as Warhammer groups play 40k. I've played it once, at a walk in match inside a nearby comic shop. No joke. A friend hit me up, and told me to come down to play Fleet Battles, since a guy brought in a huge set of ships, so that people could play. This was right after it launched, so there wasn't too much going on; but boy was it fun. Nothing like it has happened since, at least that I've known of, but I'm not a huge tabletop guy, so I'm really not in the know when it comes to any events in the area - plus, I don't seek it out actively enough to spot it anyway.

I will say, more and more people are hearing of HFB, and more groups are talking about it, and from what I've heard it's selling at a steady good pace, so I expect to see it more often in a year or two after some bigger expansions come out.

Also, @The-Judge, all table top games are prohibitively expensive. They're selling for fairly niche communities, and HFB is selling for an even more niche community - fans of Halo, that enjoy space combat, and are tabletop fans. Thankfully, there's actually a lot of overlap in the Halo community to support it, and in the greater tabletop playerbase.

@Idio Its a shame there just isnt much HFB events going on. But hey, we have the internet! We really should just set up non-SoTP game nights! OPTRE, CaW (though I dont think this is mp, is it?) and Tabletop Sim's HFB. If we dont have a steam group already, that is.

last edited by A Former User

Hello there, I have just checked out this post and I'm very impressed to know all about this. However, I am looking for an academic writer or Assignment Help Australia services that can provide the best academic writing services at affordable prices.